Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Foundation Seed Assistant Support
This support position is responsible to assist in reliable and timely supply of Foundation Seed that is of the highest genetic purity and physical condition. Incumbent works closely with Research and Global Supply personnel to aid new product advancement. The position may be based at any Technology or Production site under direct supervision of a Crop Specialist or Manager.
The incumbent performs assigned tasks related to responsible crops including, but not limited to:
- Maintain accurate records of FS increases including inventory, purity, and disease testing for assigned crops.
- Assist Crop Specialist in inventory management of assigned crops.
- Interact with breeding staff to exchange seed and information to support advancement of new parent lines.
- Works with Quality Assurance to prioritize testing to receive results in a timely manner to ensure inventory position and highest quality .
- Performs seed sampling and shipments .
- Updates records with test results .
- Assists in all aspects of crop cycle from sowing to harvest, including rogueing .
- Creates fieldbooks and assists in data collection and crop care .
- Organizes trial seed under guidance .
- Applies for and maintains accurate records of field inspections and phytosanitary certificates .
- Publishes and receive seed, update inventory and import plant characteristics in FTS .
- May participate in FS and/or site wide teams .
- May coordinate seed processing .
- Oversees census sampling projects .
- Works independently to complete assigned responsibilities and execute continuing projects .
- Has a level of responsibility that involves planning, directing, and coordinating activities of others as well as hands on responsibilities of their own .
- Coordinates maintenance of increase's, pgo's, and other locations .
- Assists in technical aspects associated with the program including: activities related to trials/nursery and inventory management, handheld computers for data collection and utilization of equipment such as planter and combines .
- Preparation for planting, field plot maintenance, data collection and harvesting .
- Interact with scientists and breeders on and off-site for project related needs .
- Participate in task-related document creation and process review for job-related activities .
- Recruit, train, and develop temporary personnel .
- Build knowledge of crop management practices .
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of working in adverse conditions such as field or greenhouse situations. Employee performs repetitive keyboarding tasks. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is also required frequently to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Education, Training and/or Experience Requirements
- BS/BA or AS/AA with 4 years related work experience required .
- Physically capable of working in field situations .
- Ability to supervise large labor crews .
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English .
- Detail oriented, good organization, communication and human relation skills .
- Proficient in email, data entry, Excel, Access, Word, SAP.
Decisions made by the incumbent
- Decisions on assigned tasks .
- Has considerable experience as a technician. Understands most routine aspects of research program. Is able to perform tasks independently. Has greater experience and independence than a Technician.
Decisions referred to next level of supervision
- Hiring of additional personnel .
- This position reports to Foundation Seed Crop Specialist or higher.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: El Ejido (Almería)
Reference Code: 317201
Functional Area: Producción