Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Procurement Regional Manager T&W EMEA (CH/PH)
The jobholder is accountable to manage all required Logistics services within the Region EMEA for the Divisions Consumer Health and Pharma. He/she acts in line with the agreed global category and sourcing strategies and contracts. The jobholder is responsible for procurement sourcing activities as well as stakeholder and supplier management in EMEA. He/she drives the function towards increased and sustainable procurement effectiveness to support regional and local Supply Chain and the company’s business growth strategy. Special focus of this position is on the development and maintenance of effective supply chains in the area of vaccine storage and distribution in alignment with Bayer’s external partners.
Key Working Relation:
- Reports directly to Procurement Head of T&W (CH/PH).
- Regional and local Supply Chain, Quality, Legal, Corporate Real Estate.
- Procurement internal relations with global T&W Category leaders for primary transportation and warehousing, SSCDN and Governance & Enabling.
- Collaborates and manages interfaces with external PRO service provider for his/her area of responsibility.
- Key and strategic suppliers as well as selected base suppliers in the region.
- External partner (e.g. vaccine manufacturer).
- Contributes to the development of the global T&W (CH/PH) category strategy.
- Implements category strategies and initiatives for primary + secondary transportation as well as warehousing services, ensuring alignment with Supply Chain, compliance with Procurement guidelines, as well as other internal/external process standards and delivery of required business performance in EMEA.
- Understands business needs & engages with regional and local Supply Chain as well as external partners to meet their priorities and requirements and therefore, builds effective, trustful, personal and virtual relationships with key regional/country stakeholders.
- Manages supply agreements & contracts. Monitors and controls contractual agreements and clauses over the entire lifecycle and minimizes exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through
usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function.
- Provides country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions. Continuously conducts detailed supplier and supply market analysis at country level looking at facts and indicating market trends in supply base and technology.
- Manages supplier relationships and implements supplier management principles in supply base, builds relationships and improves supplier performance. Incorporates company’s responsibility and commitment to sustainable business practices into category supplier relationships and ensures compliance through reports, audits and improvement plans.
- Plans and executes sourcing events to create a competitive advantage, e.g. spend reduction, supply security and / or time-to-market. Prepares supplier negotiations, awards suppliers and conducts post
- Collaborates with external partners to conduct sourcing event.
- Translates results of sourcing strategies, initiatives and projects into How Docs to enable efficient processing.
Qualification & Competencies:
- Master or equivalent degree preferably in business management, science or engineering and 3- 5 years of professional business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills combined with strong collaboration, influencing and communication competencies.
- Solid background and expertise in Procurement processes and methodologies (e.g. strategic sourcing and supplier management).
- Profound experiences in Transportation & Warehousing category management and sourcing projects.
- Knowledge about HealthCare specific requirements for transportation and warehousing services (e.g. WHO guide on GMP/GDP or EU GDP).
- Regional market insights and general understanding of the Logistics industry.
- Change management and project management.
- Financial acumen.
- Analytical decision making.
- Result orientation.
- Fully enforces Procurement mandate to stakeholders.
- High proficiency level in English.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 340001
Functional Area: Aprovisionamiento