At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Expert Project Specialist M&A
In this position, you are key to extract and process financial data to prepare carve-out financials (Financial Fact Book / Combined Financial Statements) of to-be divested businesses from Bayer (globally).
You are working with financial data sources and create data models (data analytics) to identify the relevant financial data, align with relevant internal and external stakeholders and finally determine the Carve-out Financials.
Furthermore, you will coordinate with multiple country organizations the final selection of assets, inventories and items to be divested… and coordinate the digital process to get all those balances posted in the system, including identification of cleansing needs, validation activities, audit package preparation and hypercare checks. In this role, you’ll also assess any potential impact of the remaining business after divestment on the existing Bayer Record-to-Report processes, helping to coordinate any necessary action.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Identification of relevant data sources for extraction of financial data, relevant for the divested business.
- Proficiency use of data analytical tools to efficiently identify for multiple legal entities the relevant data for divestment - design, set up and maintenance of complex data models as basis for scalable multiple projects to run in parallel.
- Determine data relevant for divestment and align with relevant stakeholders the logic followed for those positions which cannot be technically determined.
- Support external consulting companies with the explanation of Bayer Accounting policies.
- Analyze the value flows of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss positions to determine how values and data of a specific business can be identified and provide insights .
- Coordinate Record-to-Report (RTR) organization in the final identification of items relevant for the divestment.
- Coordinate the entire process to retire the relevant items and account balances from Bayer financial statements – including cleansing, generation of posting files, validation, audit package preparation and hypercare.
- Assess impact on RTR processes for the remaining Bayer business and systems after the divestiture.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- M&A HQ
- External auditors
- External consultants for M&A projects
- R2R leads, SSCDN managers
- Senior subject matter experts from COEs
- Head of local accounting, controlling, legal from multiple countries
WHO YOU ARE:
- University or commercial degree in Economics or Business Administration or relevant professional experience.
- Deep knowledge of data analytical tools and data sources for financial data (e.g. Tableau).
- Digital mindset and ability to work with simple SQL statements.
- Excellent accounting knowledge.
- Good understanding of SAP integrated process flows (including sub-ledger integration) and final treatment in Consolidation.
- Experience in previous divestment projects is highly valued.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Flexibility as well as ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build up trustful relationships.
- Leadership and coordination capabilities.
- Organized and structured.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Customer oriented.
- Flexibility to adapt to different type of projects.
- Available and keen to travel, including on short notice.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Spain : Cataluña : Barcelona